The primary objective of the work package is to document and analyze the direct consequences in value and ethical terms of the evolution of the internal/external security continuum for three members of the Eastern European Neighbourhood Policy: Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. This primary objective comprises several sub-objectives:
- A comprehensive overview of EU policies in the three countries of the Eastern ENP relative to their values premises and ethical consequences.
- An empirically based analysis of security practices differentiated across the security continuum and between countries of the ENP.
- A comprehensive study Frontex and its activities from a transversal value perspective. Assess the continuity of values across the continuum.
- An empirical comparative assessment of the premises of border security between the EU and individual countries (Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova).
- An analysis of security strategies toward the ENP countries in terms of non-military security threats.
- A documentation of cultural variations in application of external security (immigration control, visa control, screening, identification, surveillance.
- An evaluation of social and cultural values as a basis for good governance activities in Eastern segment of the European Neighbourhood Programme.